Classes began at Normandale on the 22nd of August and it has been a world wind. We started the year off with a kick off event on the 25th of August, we met in the fine arts aditorium and saw over 20 students attend. The next Saturday we had a BBQ at Pastor Gary's (another volunteer at Normandale) and had a great turn out, Heidi and the girls were able to come and meet some of the students which was great.
My time at Normandale looks something like this. Wednesday we meet at my house at 9:30 as a leadership team (Jamie, Pastor Gary, Marissa, Rachel and me) for a time of prayer and so each of us can share what is going on. I head to campus around 12:00 to find parking, always and issue, there is a Bible study at 1:00pm that Pastor Gary leads. We have had two meetings so far and they have gone well, we have been looking at John 1:35-51 and the word for this week to meditate on is potential. Jesus looked at Peter and saw potential in him (vs 42).
I also will be using soccer to meet students and God has been moving in this I meet with the faculty advisor of the soccer club and he was really excited about the training time that I am going to lead on Wed from 4-6pm. Also, a local church has offered the use of there gym so we can play indoor from Nov-Jan. You can pray that God would go before me in this and lead me that I might follow in what He is doing. You can also pray for a student who is helping in this area, his name is Chisom, he loves soccer and wants to use it to reach student for Christ.
On to Thursday. My day will start with this updating you on what has been going on and how you can partner in prayer. Prayer is vital and I am more greatful than you can know for your willingness to bring this ministry before God's throne. At 10:30 I try to meet with the two students who are leading a guys Bible study, Dan and Eli, and pray with them before it starts. They are going through the book of John, the intent is to introduce people to Jesus, so you can pray that God would bring those who are searching and for Dan and Eli as they lead this group.Something we are excited about is called the "Great Gathering" a time of prayer and musical worship for Christian on campus this will be on Thursdays at 1pm.
Thank you so much for your prayers. I will leave you with a list of prayer requests.
-Bible studies that we have going on on campus currently there are 4
-Dan and Eli as they lead
-Thursday worship time at 2:00pm the "Great Gathering"
-Soccer Training session on Wed.
-Lastly financial support, I am currently at about 40%
No comments:
Post a Comment